- Simplified some of the rules' language. I'm really wordy sometimes -w-
The Recent Changes
Here's what's changed as of June 6, 2013
Prices are per-character, and the scale is also applied to complex backgrounds. Eyes can be shaded by request at no extra charge regardless of completion level.
- Sketch: $5 (+ $1 for shading)
- Lineart: $10 (+ $3 for shading)
- Grayscale: $15 (+ $5 for shading)
- Color: $20 (+ $10 for shading)
- The finished picture, in .jpg format unless you want something else.
- A copy of the original .PSD file (if you want it).
- The right to post the picture anywhere, provided you attribute/credit it to me.
What You Get:
- The payment for the picture.
- The right to post the picture anywhere (with credit to you for commissioning it, unless you'd rather that remain secret).
What I Get:
- *: "micro" refers to the smallness (in pixels) of the character/vehicle/etc. These are drawn with a low level of detail, and are usually very small onscreen.
- **: tweaks, corrections, adjustments, and so on are free provided they are relatively minor (i.e., take less than ~5 minutes to do) and that you don't keep making them. Abusing this will result in extra fees and delays. The earlier in the process you make a correction, the easier it will be to implement. Once the base sketch has been approved, the pose/camera angle cannot receieve any major changes (i.e., anything that would require re-drawing most or all of the picture).
- Nothing above PG-13. Use my gallery for reference.
- Up to five inset/"zoom in" panels. Each panel will cost extra, usually about $5 depending on workload. Panels may not be larger than about 1/6th of the overall image.
- No deadlines. I'll try to get to commissions as soon as I reasonably can, but I have other things to do as well.
- One slot per person, one picture per slot.
- None of my characters.
- No characters that I'm likely to get hassled for because of Copyright law.
- Nobody else's original characters but your own, unless you have the owner's permission.
- Simple backgrounds (e.g., Some hills/trees, a few micro*-scale vehicles, a couple of micros*, a simple building or two, a very simplified carpet city, etc.) are included with a character at no extra charge.
- Complex backgrounds (e.g., cityscapes, parking lots, airports, marinas, room interiors, etc) cost extra, using the same price scale as a character.
- Depictions of growth that involve multiple drawings of a character to show the process will be priced accordingly
- Each additional character costs extra, using the same price scale as an individual character, except for micros*.
- The level of completion for a background must be the same as or lower than the level of completion for the character (i.e., a grayscaled character on a sketchy background is acceptable; a sketchy character on a colored background is not).
- I do art streams from time to time. If you want me to wait until I'm streaming to work on your commission, that's fine. However, I like to keep things moving, so please be attentive if you want me to run changes by you during the stream.
- Payments are non-refundable.
- Payments are accepted via PayPal™
- Paypal™ fees are built into the price, so feel free to charge them to me. If, however, you'd like to take care of them yourself, that makes for a nice tip =P
- I reserve the right to reject a commission for any reason. I'll try to work with you on your idea, but some things I just don't want to draw.
- I reserve the right to change these rules at any time.
- Contact me with your idea. I will evaluate and discuss it with you until we agree on it, or reject it.
- I will create the base sketch and show it to you, and make adjustments based on your feedback**.
- Once we agree on the sketch, you send the payment for the picture.
- I'll work on it up to the agreed-upon level of completion, and contact you when it's ready.
- I'll send you the picture. If you have any last-minute tweaks**, I'll be happy to fix it and send you the updated version.
This is an overview of how things should go.
- A good idea of what you want. If you are specific, I will do my best to draw what you want. If you're vague, or if you'd rather have me play with an idea, then I get to decide. I'll try to make it interesting. Don't apply for a slot until you have this, and are certain about it.
- Answers for the following:
- Do you want the character(s) in sketch, lineart, grayscale, or color form?
- Do you want shading on the character(s)?
- Do you want a simple or complex background?
- If you want a complex background, do you want it in sketch, lineart, grayscale, or color?
- If you want a complex background, do you want it shaded?
- References. I need to know what your character looks like, so a solid visual reference is best. If all you have is text, I'll try to work with you on that, but I can't read minds, so it's going to look the way I see it.
- A brief description of your character's personality. It's a big help when it comes to facial expression, body language, pose, etc., to know a little bit about what a character is like. Are they bold and aggressive? shy and careful? pure evil? Give me some archetypes to tinker with.
- Money. =P
Have these ready when you apply for a slot.